- Food & Beverage
- Ames, IA, USA
- Part Time
The Gateway Hotel and Conference Center is looking for part time, event based individuals to join the banquet and event set-up team.
Weekend availability is required.
Job Purpose: Responsible for maintaining and refreshing hotel banquet and meeting rooms according to Banquet Event Order and the Gateway standards. To enthusiastically deliver first-class service and hospitality that exceeds guest expectations. Consistently delivering GATE, from when the first guest arrives to when the last guest leaves.
- Complete preparations for event per BEO
- Anticipate guests needs and respond politely to requests
- Demonstrate proper work procedures with a sense of urgency
- Perform all set up associate tasks within scheduled shift time
- Deliver the GATEway service standards and exemplify Gateway Values
- Ensure cleanliness and professional appearance of function space
- Provide working audio visual equipment that is set to safety standards
- Preserve a healthy relationship between the Sales Office and Conference Services staff
- Assist serving staff for large events
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Standards at all times
- Complete monthly and daily cleaning duties
- Maximize productivity by working efficiently and in a timely manner
- Maintain inherent attention to detail
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Customer service or previous set up experience preferred
- Able to bend, climb stairs, and lift/transport 25-80 lbs
- Ability to deliver first class customer service
- Speaking skills, ability to communicate with guests, staff, and management accurately and effectively
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Complete IPACT training upon hiring
If you're interested in applying, please do so online!