- Food & Beverage
- Ames, IA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401(k), Vacation & Sick Time
The Gateway Hotel & Conference Center is looking for a Chef De Cuisine to assist with our banquet and three meal IowaStater Restaurant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver the GATEway service standards.
- Assign, coordinate, and supervise the set and food production areas in both the IowaStater Kitchen and Conference Service prep areas.
- Ensure food quality, presentation and service are in accordance with standardized recipes and procedures.
- Preserve a healthy management relationship between the IowaStater, Kitchen, and Conference Services staff.
- Responsible to exceed guest expectations by resolving problems and liability related to customers' concerns to manger, or MOD immediately.
- Create recipes for the weekly specials for the IowaStater.
- Delegate and help complete assigned prep lists.
- Maximize productivity.
- Maintain an inherent attention to detail.
- Clean grills, work areas, and floors
- Minimum 2 years kitchen experience
- High school diploma or GED, or Culinary education.
- Able to work nights and weekends
- Must be able to squat, lift, and push at least 75 lbs.
- Ability to obtain ServeSafe certification within 6-months of hire
- Previous hotel kitchen experience preferred
At Gateway Hotel & Conference Center we are passionate about exceeding guest expectations and giving first-class hospitality to each person that we encounter – guest or employee. If you share this enthusiasm, consider joining the Gateway Hotel team by searching our available opportunities.
If you're interested, please apply online!