- AMES, IA, USA
Gateway Hotel & Conference Center is currently seeking summer interns to support our conference service department. This ideal candidates are responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of our guests during their event experience with us. This is a paid internship and weekend availability is required, open availability preferred.
Start dates and end dates will be discussed during the interview process.
- Plan and assess internship goals
- Deliver the GATEway service standards
- Develop an understanding of different types of events
- Train on the set up of various events
- Attend a final event planning meeting
- Assist with one week of event planning
- Learn and perform in all departmental positions: Serving, Bartending, Setting Up
- Learn our Food Safety and SafeServ guidelines
- Complete designated projects that applies course information
- Maintain inherent attention to detail
- Work as a self-motivated, team player
- Working towards a degree from a college or university, preferably in the area of event planning, hotel and hospitality management or a related field
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- Must be able to squat, lift, and transport at least 35 lbs
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to prioritize and handle a variety of assignments in a fast-paced workplace
At Gateway Hotel & Conference Center we are passionate about exceeding guest expectations and giving first-class hospitality to each person that we encounter – guest or employee. If you share this enthusiasm, consider joining the Gateway Hotel team by searching our available opportunities.
If you're interested, please apply online!